ARKANSAS MUD RIDERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arkansas Premier Non-Profit ATV Club

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gimpchicken
puddle jumper
gimpchicken

Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand Empty
PostSubject: Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand   Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand Empty5/24/2011, 9:47 am

Everything I had read online led me to believe the quality and workmanship of LooneyTuned products was a cut above the big names like HMF. Well, I've got mixed feelings after receiving my LTE slip on for my renegade yesterday. Let me start off by saying, when you open the box everything does look HIGH QUALITY. I went with the powdercoated black can, and it just feels heavy and solid compared to my HMF or my two brothers I recently put on my commander. All the bolts are individually packaged and instructions were included.

So on to the part that leaves me somewhat disappointed. I pull my stock can off, took about 5 minutes. I try to slide the LTE "midpipe" section onto the headpipe and it won't fit. I try smearing some grease around the pipe with my finger but it still won't slide on. I end up having to take a rubber hammer and tap it onto the head pipe with that. Next I try to attach the can to the midpipe and it likes probably 1/2 lining up with the holes in the frame!! So I break out the hammer again and bang on it until they line up. At this point I grab one of the bolts so that I don't have all that weight hanging on my head pipe and I'm not even surprised when it likes about 1" being long enough! I couldn't use the factory bolts as-is because they are too long, so I had to trim them down and use them instead.

So after about 3 hours I've finished an install that I figured would take about 15 minutes. Now that it's on there, I wouldn't trade it for anything else because the sound is exactly what I wanted. IT SOUNDS AWESOME. But, had I known what a pain it was going to be to install, I would have probably just bought a HMF. I should have just took the canister alone up to the exhaust shop and had them fabricate a midpipe that fit.

Sorry for writing a novel but I figured I'd share that with you guys. (Really just needed to vent)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand   Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand Empty5/24/2011, 10:45 am

Well at least we know that we could end up with 3 hours of work now if we get a looney tuned system
Back to top Go down
countryboy61283
Admin
Admin
countryboy61283

PostSubject: Re: Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand   Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand Empty5/24/2011, 11:39 am

Man that's crazy, I had the same trouble out of my lrd exhaust for my brute, it turned out to be junk but Ive heard nothing but good things about looney tune
Back to top Go down
http://www.arkansasmudriders.net
the300_outlaw
gettin deeper
the300_outlaw

PostSubject: Re: Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand   Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand Empty5/25/2011, 12:09 pm

i loved the lrd on my 300. i wish i could find a nother one but i cant see paying 300 for a pipe that i have to cut and make work. lol anyone have a rigth side out put pipe for sell? Smile
Back to top Go down
countryboy61283
Admin
Admin
countryboy61283

PostSubject: Re: Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand   Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand Empty5/25/2011, 12:12 pm

I got the can but no packing or core, just the can, end pipe,and header if you want it
Back to top Go down
http://www.arkansasmudriders.net
Tr1bu7e
original 7
original 7
Tr1bu7e

PostSubject: Re: Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand   Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand Empty5/25/2011, 10:27 pm

I have a LTE full single on my renegade and love it but i didnt put it on so i cant give any feed back on the installation. But as far as power and sound there is no comparision for sure!!!!!! And Gimp u tryin to build a gade to match mine or something J/K!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand   Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand Empty

Back to top Go down

Not so sure about the LooneyTuned brand
Page 1 of 1